At our Ascot studio, our Women’s Health physiotherapists provide treatment options for:
- Pregnancy and postpartum concerns, including:
- Pregnancy-related pelvic pain (sacroiliac or pubic symphysis pain)
- Postnatal thoracic pain
- Rectus diastasis
- Bladder and bowel concerns (incontinence (stress, urge or mixed) or constipation)
- Pelvic organ prolapses
What does a Women’s Health physiotherapy appointment involve?
The first appointment with any new patient is 45 minutes in length and begins by documenting a history of the patient. Our physiotherapists will then build a personalised treatment by identifying the problem and establishing what your goals are.
Following the initial discussion, a physical examination is performed. This is different for everyone, depending on the predominant issue, though may include:
- Posture and functional movement assessment
- Examination of the myofascial system
- Pelvic examination (If required, this may include an internal examination, however, this will be discussed prior and under your consent), including:
- Functional tone and activation of pelvic floor muscles and pelvic organ prolapse presence
- Real-time ultrasound of abdominal muscles or pelvic contents
Throughout the examination, your physiotherapist will explain the process and discuss what your treatment should focus on, as well as what your expectations are, in order to work towards your recovery goals.
To make an appointment at our Ascot clinic studio, call our reception staff on 07 3862 2322.